How can we honor the people who have served to be where we are now as a nation?
In this episode, we’re going to talk about how we can help homeless veterans get back on their feet and improve other people’s lives through real estate!
Our guest is an ex-special forces veteran! Join John Brackett, CEO – Chief Executive Officer of Fidelity Business Partners and Host of We Build Great Apartment Communities Podcast in this episode as he interviews Eric Upchurch the co-founder of Active Duty Passive Income, an organization that helps veterans and active-duty personnel create passive income through apartment investing.
Eric is going to share his expertise on how he has grown his real estate business, his learnings as an entrepreneur and apartment investor. He talks about his real estate journey and the sectors he’s been involved with. Eric also talks about the cycle of owning an apartment building and the importance of having a deep-rooted WHY.
Don’t skip this episode, as Eric shares apartment investing that you need to be aware of so you can be confident in creating financial freedom for yourself, your family, and community!
- Eric talks about Active Duty Passive Income, the community that he has built, and his involvement with ADPI Capital
- The impacts Eric and his team were able to create for the military community
- Why you need to have a deep-rooted WHY
- Biggest takeaway and advice from Eric
- Innovations and trends that have emerged due to COVID-19
- What is economic occupancy
- Where Eric is spending his time, money, and energy
- Eric talks about secondary, tertiary markets, and why it’s favorable for Eric to venture in that space
- How broad projects are capitalized
- Common debt equity structure that you need to be aware of
- Talks on preferred equity and acquisitions
- How Eric solved his problem with raising capital
Where to reach Eric Upchurch:
- Active Duty Passive Income
- Military House Hacking: How to Live for Free, Earn Passive Income and Create Generational Wealth
About our Guest:
Eric Upchurch is an Army Special Operations veteran who grew up in Central Iowa before attending college in California. He has a passion for educating the military community on how to create long term wealth through real estate investing, while personally investing across the country for the last fourteen years.
Eric serves as Co-Founder of Active Duty Passive Income (ADPI) and is a Senior Managing Partner with ADPI Capital. Most recently, Eric’s team has opened a nationwide, first-of-its-kind 100% employee-owned mortgage branch, real estate brokerage, as well as an insurance company – all with the goal of serving the ADPI community of military real estate investors.
Did you enjoy today’s episode?
Please click here to leave a review for The We Build Great Apartment Communities. Be sure to subscribe on your favorite podcast app to get notified when a new episode comes out!
Do you know someone who might enjoy this episode? Share this episode to inspire and empower!
Connect with John Brackett and We Build Great Apartment Communities
- Instagram @webuildgreatcommunities
- Facebook @buildingreatcommunities
- LinkedIn @brackettjohn
- Website www.fidelitybps.com
Subscribe to The We Build Great Apartment Communities
Do you think you would be a great fit for the show? Apply to be a guest by clicking <HERE>.
Fidelity Business Partners, Inc.
6965 El Camino Real Suite 105-190
Carlsbad, CA 92009