Money is not the root of all evil. It is only a tool that, with freewill, can be used to create better lives for people.
Some might need it so that they can take care of their health. Others may want money so that they can spend more time with their families. There are also others who want to be financially independent so that they can have their own space to figure some things out.
In this episode, I’m joined by Kaylee Mcmahon in one of my best interviews on this show. Kaylee was able to leverage multi-family real-estate to create independence for herself and, at the same time, teach other people how to do that as well. She’s a principle and a general partner, and has closed over $16 million worth of real estate.
If you want to learn how to become independent using passive income, know how to discern whether someone’s a perfect fit for your team and how to find meaning and strength in the midst of adversity, then this episode is a must for you!
- How she got started with real estate
- Kaylee’s actual team composition
- The three most crucial positions in the business
- The importance of working with people who align with your values
- The distinction between a mentor and a sponsor
- The definition of a “rich” life
- How passive income empowers women with codependency
- Why building a reliable team is absolutely essential
- Why having your own space is critical to discovering your mission
- The value of networking and connecting with others
- Why having a great team results to success in real estate
- How to shift your mindset to rely on others
- How to find the right people for your team
About Our Guest:
Kaylee McMahon is the Founder of The Apartment Queen, ReByKaylee LLC Residential Real Estate Brokerage, General partner/Key Principle of a 45 MM Assets Under Management Texas, 17.1 MM Assets Under Management Phoenix Arizona, Owner & Principal and General Partner of a number of properties across Texas.
Kaylee has purchased over 68.2 million in real estate as General partner and principle. She sold over 3 million dollars in residential real estate before transitioning into her current full time syndication role. Originally from Portland Oregon, host of InvestHER Dallas. She has started a podcast called #1 leading ladies where she interviews kick-ass women who are disrupting their industry and the REAL story of how they got where they are. She is developing technology to help make it easy and convenient for women to learn how to make passive income through apartment investing.
The entire backbone of what gets Kaylee out of bed everyday is her “why”. This is something she will share when asked personally about it, but at a 30,000 foot view it is to create independence and space for those experiencing codependency and toxic relationships which hamper their ability to visualize and then manifest what their amazing reality truly could be. Her company culture models this why and is “Changing the face of multifamily” to bring more women into the light as powerhouse operators, key principles, and commercial brokers. We will create 1 billion more female investors and “givers”.
Connect with Kaylee:
- Website www.theapartmentqueen.com
- LinkedIn @kaylee-mcmahon
- Facebook @theapartmentqueen
- Listen to her Podcast #1 Leading Ladies
- Book Rich Dad Poor Dad
- Book Women Don’t Ask
- Books on Codependency by Melody Beattie
Did you enjoy today’s episode?
Please click here to leave a review for The We Build Great Apartment Communities. Be sure to subscribe on your favorite podcast app to get notified when a new episode comes out!
Do you know someone who might enjoy this episode? Share this episode to inspire and empower!
Let’s get social!
- Instagram @webuildgreatcommunities
- Facebook @buildingreatcommunities
- LinkedIn @brackettjohn
- Website www.fidelitybps.com
Subscribe to The We Build Great Apartment Communities
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
Fidelity Business Partners, Inc.
6965 El Camino Real Suite 105-190
Carlsbad, CA 92009