If there’s one thing that’s certain in business, it’s uncertainty. But with great knowledge and business plan behind the curtain, it can be a great opportunity!
Real estate investing can be overwhelming for new investors. There is so much to consider in your decision making, especially coping up with any fundamental changes in the market.
In this episode, I’m very excited to have Rob Beardsley as he shares his expertise on underwriting deals. He is the founder and principal of Lone Star Capital, a real estate investment firm focused on underperforming multifamily properties in Texas and surrounding states. He is also the author of The Definitive Guide to Underwriting Multifamily Acquisitions, where he provides the tools and steps needed for any investor to confidently analyze and invest in multifamily real estate!
Start looking at deals differently as Rob shares his wisdom and acquisition experience on how he handles risk in the market, as well as his best practices on business plan execution risk, P&L, balance sheet, and his amazing analysis on how we can be compensated for our risk!
Make sure you listen through the end of this episode, as he shares his insights into business planning and how we can shape it and identify where the opportunity is!
- Rob shares his background about acquisitions
- Why you should take a look at underwriting?
- How to cope with fundamental changes that occurs in the market
- Valuing uncertainty and income stream
- Stabilization period
- The profit and loss, and the balance sheet
- Understanding what our operating cost truly looks like
- Clash of cultures and motivations
- The business plan execution risk
- Rob’s thoughts on people doing business in decision-making
- Rob’s most profitable deals and what made it profitable
- Deals that makes sense
Know more about Rob Beardsley:
Rob Beardsley is on the acquisition side underwriting deals. He wrote about 40 different articles on underwriting on deal structure on capital markets. He is the host of the podcast that focuses on institutional investors. He also wrote a book called The Definitive Guide to underwriting multifamily.
Where to reach Rob Beardsley:
- The Definitive Guide to Underwriting Multifamily Acquisitions: Develop the skills to confidently analyze and invest in multifamily real estate by Rob Beardsley
Did you enjoy today’s episode?
Please click here to leave a review for The We Build Great Apartment Communities. Be sure to subscribe on your favorite podcast app to get notified when a new episode comes out!
Do you know someone who might enjoy this episode? Share this episode to inspire and empower!
Connect with John Brackett on Linkedin @brackettjohn
Let’s get social!
Subscribe to The We Build Great Apartment Communities
Do you think you would be a great fit for the show? Apply to be a guest by clicking <HERE>.
Fidelity Business Partners, Inc.
6965 El Camino Real Suite 105-190
Carlsbad, CA 92009
He is the founder and principal of a company called Lonestar capital. They’ve purchased over 100 million dollars in assets, predominantly in Texas